Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: TIME: Battleground VA

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TIME: Battleground VA

    Was Kennedy in office during Nam? I thought he was totally against it us committing to that war? LBJ had reversed course when he became President and thats when the largest majority of our troops were started to be shipped there? I could be wrong, someone look that crap up. haha

  2. #22
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TIME: Battleground VA

    Or Eisenhower.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TIME: Battleground VA

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diets17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was Kennedy in office during Nam? I thought he was totally against it us committing to that war? LBJ had reversed course when he became President and thats when the largest majority of our troops were started to be shipped there? I could be wrong, someone look that crap up. haha </div></div>

    He sent in over 16,000 men to try to stop the spread of communism because of the whole Cold War deal. Eisenhower was the one who warned Kennedy about Laos and the domino effect of communism.
    crack is whack

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TIME: Battleground VA

    It's really good subject matter to read. I have a few books on vietnam that I still have not even cracked yet. I also have recordings from soldiers during the war that are interesting.(their take on things)
    crack is whack

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TIME: Battleground VA

    Vietnam books are extremely interesting to read, it was an interesting time in the world.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TIME: Battleground VA

    Yeah, I knew he had sent soldiers but I had thought he was going to withdrawal all together. I need to read up, I'm a little rusty on history. I haven't read about that in years! haha

  7. #27
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TIME: Battleground VA

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Like you really lean Dem anyway. You bash Dems on here almost as much NSSB and Boney. </div></div>

    Go back, dig it up, I stated openly back before the primaries I was votning for whomever had a D by their name...Then you idots chose this thing...

    Why did you leave JFK out of your idot leadership involving vietnam??? I know he is the Democratic Jesus and all, but he was as big of an example of Big Money at work as we've ever had...Big family ties to Chnadian Whiskey business, as soon as elected he removes the tariff on liquor from Canada...Kinda like Osama and his Overhead projector huh?
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  8. #28
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TIME: Battleground VA

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang, Cane, you're quick to post the bios of conservative columnists and biases of certain websites. Please be fair and balanced! lol</div></div>

    Do it yourself, you're a big boy. Google ain't that hard.

    If by "fair and balanced" you mean like Fox News, then that'll never happen b/c I'm not that narrow-minded.

    Karen Tumulty--TIME

    Peter Hamby--CNN

    </div></div>

    You're the one one who started the asinine position of posting bios. Be truthful and keep it real. Either do none or do them all - that's fair and balanced.</div></div>

    I done told you I don't do this "fair & balanced" BS ala Fox News.

    I have a life and a job. If I've got time and I think there is a high level of bias in the author compared to what the article's about, then I'll post bio's. Otherwise, as I said in the past when I first started doing this: people need to realize they need to do this for themselves instead of just reading and knee-jerk reacting/taking it for 100% truth. I did it a couple of weeks ago just to get people to think about where these articles were coming from--not to police it 100% of the time.

    I'm not your parent, and Google's not that hard. Everyone (not just me) needs to take their own responsibility to understand what they're reading in their hands and type in a quick Google search for the author's name to find out what they're about. Get a quick bio, find the sites that like & dislike them to know where their biases lie so they can take the article in context.

    Of course that's taught to everyone in HS English classes when doing research/term paper projects, so no one would know that and it's a ludicrous idea for me to even bring up--an "asinine position" even. Sure...
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TIME: Battleground VA

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was bad against LBJ again? Oh is it because he helped the Civil Rights movement? </div></div>
    Does the word Vietnam ring a bell? The sad thing about Vietnam is the same thing sad about Iraq...both wars were fought with an ulterior motive disguised as liberation. But, it was American lives that were spent to do the liberating.... Communism eventually imploded on it's own...which will prolly be the same thing that happens to these "jihadists"... The thing is, our government seems to not learn from past mistakes. Dem or GOP..I hate a warmonger.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #30
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TIME: Battleground VA

    I realize that, but the other presidents in office during are just as guilty if not more for letting it continue that long.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •